Hiya, people! This is your girl, signing up for a reading challenge. I rarely join reading challenges because I end up not finishing it or updating my progress. But this year, I plan to be more active. I’ve actually posted almost everyday this week LOL.
My planner’s already going crazy with everything that’s been going on and everything I want to do. Heck, my Goodreads Goal of 150 books is a little ambitious. Okay, so back at it.
Year of the Asian Reading Challenge or YARC 2019 celebrates books by Asian authors! Yaayy for Asian representations! This challenge “challenges” you to read as many books as you can! It can be in any format (digital, physical, audio, etc).
YARC 2019 is hosted by the wonderful:
So this started exactly at the start of 2019 and I’m sorry for being late. My friends pushed me to participate in this reading challenge (Hello Justine and Luxe!) I’m officially signing up for YARC 2019!
I really enjoy reading books with Asian representation especially when it features different cultures. It’s like going into different places and learning their customs. I actually feel giddy whenever I read a book with a Filipino rep!
This is really an exciting reading challenge so thank you to the amazing organizers/hosts!
There are different challenge levels and I choose the Indian Cobra! (for more info about #YARC2019, check out the blogs of the hosts linked above)
So the Indian Cobra means that I’m aiming to read 11-20 books by Asian authors throughout the challenge. Though I hope that I’d be able to read more. *winks
Anyone can join in the fun, even those without a blog. You can use Goodreads and create a shelf exclusively for YARC.
So far, these are the books/ARCs I already own/received that are written by Asian authors that I’m planning to read for the challenge.
- The Bone Witch, The Heart Forger, The Shadow Glass by Rin Chupeco
- Descendant of the Crane by Joan He
- Blood Heir by Amelie Wen Zhao (ARC from Netgalley)
And here are Asian releases I’m excited to get my hands on!
- The Wrath & The Dawn, The Rose & The Dagger by Renee Adhieh
- The Weight of Our Sky by Hanna Alkaf
- Aru Shah and the End of Time, The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi
- My Fate According to the Butterfly by Gail D. Villanueva
- Patron Saints of Nothing by Randy Ribay
- You are Here by Dawn Lanuza
NOTE: My TBR for the list can be changed due to unexpected reasons. Rest assured that this isn’t my final TBR and I’m also looking forward to other Asian releases!
For the month of February, I was able to read 3 books for the YARC!
Yaay for The Bone Witch Trilogy! All links lead to my reviews of them.
- Did you sign up for YARC 2019? Or are you planning to?
- What Asian releases are you excited about?